The changing security environment and the growing complexities in the protection of corporate assets and the prevention of losses demand highly professional and capable security personnel, security supervisers and security managers to implement dynamic and effective security programmes within organisations. These professional security personnel must have the specialised knowledge, skills and core competencies to fulfill varied and multiple roles. Hence there is a need for progressive, innovative and dynamic training programmes to meet the training needs of security professionals to cover every aspect of organisational security.
SMSS' Philosophy: Training With a Difference
Our training is based on the following philosophy:
- Ensuring that trainers have the proper academic qualifications in security science and internationally recognised professional certifications in security management to deliver a high quality and standard of instruction in all the core areas of security.
- Ensuring that trainers undergo continuous professional education programmes and obtain externally validated recertification credits to ensure their fitness for instruction.
- Ensuring that instructional materials, teaching aids and student handouts are up to date and incorporate the latest trends and developments in the theory, concepts, principles, technology, management and best practices in the field of security.
- Ensuring that classroom training is complemented by dynamic hands on application of the theories, concepts and principles of security in a typical organisational setting.
SMSS offers the following courses:
- Advanced Security Management
- Corporate Security Management
- Protection of Assets
- Supply Chain Security
- Security Audits & Assessment
- Intensive Reviews for ASIS International Certification Programmes, i.e.;
- Certified Protection Professional (CPP)
- Certified Security Professional (PSP)
- Certified Professional Investigator (PCI)
Besides the standard courses listed above, SMSC can also plan, design and conduct and deliver customised courses for organisations.
SMSC also conducts seminars and workshops on security subjects for the security industry at large.